We are working hard to make sure all our Social Marketers get the most out of their experience as the May Regional Event approaches. In the meantime, we brainstormed and came up with a few housekeeping items to help you better prepare for this epic weekend.
Register Now and Get your Hotel Room Discount
This is one of your top priorities. The last day to pre-register for the event for $75 is May 13, 2016 at midnight. After that, it will be $99. We also went ahead and reserved some hotel rooms for a discount rate of $159 night for everyone who registers any time before the event. If you ever get a chance to sleep, it will be at the Atlanta Marriott Marquis.
While we reserved the rooms, you are still RESPONSIBLE FOR BOOKING your own room. Once you register for the event, book your room with our group rate.
In a previous post, we presented a few tips to help you find cheap flights to Atlanta. Don’t worry, we won’t bug you with all that information again, but we did want to remind you to book your flights soon before the prices go up!
This is the time of year when the world sees oil prices begin to rise because of all the summer traveling. Inevitably, this means airline tickets will increase in price. The sooner you book your flights, the cheaper they will be—don’t’ wait till the last minute.
Things to do in Atlanta
There’s plenty to do in the ATL for anyone wanting to see the city before or after the event. Our list is just a drop in the bucket, but hopefully it gives you a good start to a memorable stay.
- If you want to get the most out of Atlanta, book the Atlanta CityPass. This discount is designed for tourists who want to see the best of what the ATL has to offer. It gives you admission to places like the Georgia Aquarium, Zoo Atlanta, and the College Football Hall of Game, to name a few.
- If you don’t have the time to see all of those, make sure you see the Georgia Aquarium. It is packed with amazing ocean life from all over the globe and you’ll get the chance to swim with actual whale sharks!
- Get out on the Atlanta Beltline. This trail connects neighborhoods, parks, and features many restaurants along the path.
- Head to ATLWOOD. The film and television industries are bustling in Atlanta and you can take a tour and see behind-the-scenes of your favorites shows and movies.
- The Atlanta History Center hosts over 6,000 memorabilia from the Olympic games. Also, visit the Swan House, featured in The Hunger Games.
- Visit the FernBank Museum of Natural History and see the world as it once was.
- Feeling a bit adventurous? Head over to the historic Oakland Cemetery. It’s the oldest of its kind and features Civil War soldiers and Civil Rights Pioneers.
We hope you are gearing up for an amazing event. Between the spectacular presentations and big product news, Social Marketers and guests alike won’t want to miss what goes on behind these doors! We can’t wait to see you there.