SOCIAL MARKETER GOOD BUSINESS PRACTICES
MODERE is committed to leading the industry with the highest standard of ethical business practices and a vision of opportunity for everyone.
We operate in a diverse and dynamic industry and it’s no surprise to see companies in various stages of growth or contraction. In turn, this may cause individual entrepreneurs to investigate new business opportunities to better support themselves and/or their families. As current Social Marketers speak with and promote to potential Social Marketers, it’s important to remember the ideals and values which MODERE strives to embody. We provide an authentic, customer-driven, product-based business opportunity. The company recognizes that individuals have agency and free market opportunity and we expect integrity and professionalism in all promotional and recruiting activities.
This information is provided as a reminder of the expectations outlined in the DSA Code of Conduct as well as the MODERE Policies and Procedures.
DSA CODE OF CONDUCT
1. Deceptive or Unlawful Consumer or Recruiting Practices
- a. No member company or independent salesperson for a member company shall engage in any deceptive, false, unethical or unlawful consumer or recruiting practice. Member companies shall ensure that no statements, promises or testimonials are made that are likely to mislead consumers or prospective independent salespeople.
- b. Member companies and their independent salespeople must comply with all requirements of law. While this Code does not restate all legal obligations, compliance with all pertinent laws by member companies and their independent salespeople is a condition of acceptance by and continuing membership in DSA.
- c. Member companies shall conduct their activities toward other member companies in compliance with this Code and all pertinent laws.
- d. Information provided by member companies and their independent salespeople to prospective or current independent salespeople concerning the opportunity and related rights and obligations shall be accurate and complete. Member companies and their independent salespeople shall not make any factual representation to prospective independent salespeople that cannot be verified or make any promise that cannot be fulfilled. Member companies and their independent salespeople shall not present any selling opportunity to any prospective independent salesperson in a false, deceptive or misleading manner.
- The term “recruit” means actual or attempted solicitation, enrollment, encouragement, or effort to influence in any other way, either directly, through a third party, or indirectly (including but not limited to, the use of a website), another MODERE Social Marketer or Customer to enroll or participate in another network marketing opportunity. This conduct constitutes recruiting even if the Social Marketer’s actions are in response to an inquiry made by another Social Marketer or Customer.
- For purposes of MODERE’s Conflict of Interest Policy (Section 4.9), the term “recruit” means actual or attempted solicitation, enrollment, encouragement, or effort to influence in any other way, either directly or through a third party, another MODERE Social Marketer or Customer to enroll or participate in another multilevel marketing, network marketing, or direct sales opportunity. This conduct constitutes recruiting even if the Social Marketer’s actions are in response to an inquiry made by another Social Marketer or Customer.
As a new Social Marketer to MODERE, It’s your responsibility to review and honor the specifics of any legally binding contractual agreement(s) you have with a former company. MODERE does not condone activity that’s contrary to those obligations to the extent that they are legally binding. If you have questions regarding your restrictive covenants or obligations you may have to an existing or former company, seek the advice of your legal counsel. Modere cannot provide you with legal advice.
MODERE appreciates your understanding and cooperation in abiding by these guidelines. Should you have any questions or are aware of any specific activities which may not be in accordance with these guidelines, please contact the MODERE Social Marketer Education & Compliance Department at ask@MODERE.com.